You are here
Pat L. Walter
Pat L. Walter, AHIP
Year Fellowship Conferred: 1995
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Editorial Board, member, 1986–1994; associate editor, 1986–1988; proceedings editor, 1985 [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Committee on Standards for Medical Librarianship, Subcommittee on Internship, member, 1962–1967, chair 1965–1967
- Medical Informatics Section, Section Council representative
- Collection Development Section, member
- Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona, treasurer, 1981
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1995
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- National Library of Medicine, Literature Selection Technical Review Committee, member, 1991–1994
Publications (5 representative)
- Walter PL. A small window on Janet Doe’s life. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 2001 Jan;89(1):83. [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Walter PL. A journal use study: checkouts and in-house use. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1996 Oct;84(4):461–7. [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Hay V, Suttor J, Walter PL. Microcomputer use in a mainframe acquisitions environment. Info Tech Lib. 1986 Mar;5(1):58–61.
- Walter P, Bunting A, Werner G. Position paper on the role of University of California health sciences libraries. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1984 Jan;72(1):37–9 [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Walter PL, joint ed. Sleep research, v. 1–9. Brain Information Service/Brain Research Institute, University of California; 1971–1980.
- Associate Biomedical Librarian for Technical Services, Louise M. Darling, Biomedical Library, 1983–1994; Associate Director and Information scientist, Brain Information Service, 1964–1983; Training Coordinator, Graduate Training Program in Medical Librarianship, Biomedical Library, 1961–1964; Cataloger, Biomedical Library; University of California–Los Angeles, 1960–1961
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Proceedings, Ninety-Fifth Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Washington, D.C. May 7-10, 1995. Awards Ceremony. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1996 Jan;84(1):147 [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Pizer I. A special note of thanks is due to Pat Walter for her untiring reviewing and editing of manuscripts and for the high quality of her efforts [guest editorial]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1988 Oct;76(4):368 [cited 15 Jun 2014].
- Internship, Library of Congress, Washington, DC, 1951–1952
- MSLS, Graduate Library School, University of Southern California–Los Angeles, 1951
- BA, English, Pomona College, Claremont, CA, 1950
Contributed by Judy Consales and Alison Bunting, AHIP, FMLA