You are here
Nancy M. Lorenzi, PhD
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Past President, 1983-84
- President, 1982-83
- President-elect, 1981-82
- Board of Directors, 1981-84
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1994
- Rittenhouse Award, 1968
- Fellow, American College of Medical Informatics, 1994
- National Library of Medicine scholarship to Case Western Reserve University, 1967
Publications (5 representative)
- Lorenzi NM, Riley RT. Organizational aspects of health informatics: managing technological change. New York: Springer Verlag, 1994 (Computers in Health Care).
- Lorenzi NM, Marks EB. University of Cincinnati Medical Center: integrating information. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1988 Jul; 76(3):231-6.
- Lorenzi NM, Kues JR, Anthony SS. Beyond the library walls--use of slow- scan television. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1984 Jan; 72(1):1-5.
- Lorenzi NM. Making the dream come true: role of the medical school library. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1983 Oct 71(4):410-4.
- Lorenzi NM. Role of the library within the hospital system. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1969 Apr 57(2):183-99.
- Clinical Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, TN, 2001-present
- Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 2000-present
- Associate Senior Vice President, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1984-2000
- Director, Medical Center Information and Communications, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1984-93
- Director, Medical Center Libraries, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1972-83
- Special Assistant to the Senior Vice President, University of Cincinnati and Director of Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, 1976-83
- Head, Medical Center Public Affairs/News Bureau, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1983-86
- Acting Director, Medical Center Personnel, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1980-81. Director, Regional Library Extension Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 1970-71
- Head of Information Services, University of Louisville Medical Library, Louisville, KY, 1968-69
- Chief Medical Librarian, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Youngstown, OH, 1963-67
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 94th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995;83(1):125.
- Watterson RW. Nancy M. Lorenzi, Ph.D. President, Medical Library Association, 1982/83. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1982 Jul; 70(3):333-4.