You are here
Margaret Moylan Bandy
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, Member, 2010, 2000, 1991
- Board of Directors, Member, 2005–2008
- MLA Task Force on Vital Pathways for Hospital Librarians, Member, 2005–2007
- MLA National Program Committee, Member, 2003–2006
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, MLA Liaison, 2003–2005
- Hospital Libraries Section, Standards Committee, Chair, 2004–2007
- Hospital Libraries Section, Treasurer, 1983–1984
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section, Chair, 1989–1990
- Midcontinental Chapter, Annual Meeting Facilities Committee, Chair, 1992–1994
- Midcontinental Chapter, Chair, 1987–1988
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Medical Reference Services Quarterly, Hospital Information Services Column, Editor, 2005–
- Colorado Council of Medical Librarians, President, 2003 and 1983
- Midcontinental Regional Medical Library Advisory Committee: Member, 2001–2003, 1985–1987
Honors and Awards
- Ida and George Eliot Prize, 2012
- Hospital Libraries Section, Professional Development Award, 2011
- Fellow, 2010
- Hospital Libraries Section, Professional Recognition Award, 2009
- Lois Ann Colaianni Award for Excellence and Achievement in Hospital Librarianship, 2002
- Hospital Libraries Section, Scroll of Exemplary Service, multiple years
- Midcontinental Chapter, Outstanding Achievement Award, 1991
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 1990–
- Colorado Council of Medical Librarians, Marla Graber Award for Excellence and Achievement in Health Sciences Librarianship, 2005
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PMC.
- Bandy M, Dudden R, eds. Medical Library Association guide to managing health care libraries. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Neal-Schuman; 2011.
- Allen M, Allison M, Bandy M, Kennedy J, Sherwill-Navarro P. The Magnet journey: opportunities for librarians to partner with nurses. J Med Lib Assoc. 2009 Oct;97(4):302–7. [cited 22 Mar 2012]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.97.4.015.
- Holst R, Funk CJ, Adams HS, Bandy M, Boss, CM, Hill, B, Joseph CB, Lett RK. Vital pathways for hospital librarians: present and future roles. J Med Lib Assoc. 2009 Oct;97(4):285–92. [cited 22 Mar 2012]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.97.4.013.
- Hospital Libraries Section Standards Committee, Bandy M, Doyle JD, Fladger A, Frumento KS, Girouard L, Hayes S, Rourke D. Standards for hospital libraries 2007. J Med Lib Assoc. 2008 Apr;96(2):162–9. [cited 22 Mar 2012]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.96.2.162.
- Allison M, Bandy M. Magnet Recognition Program® collaboration proposal: the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the Medical Library Association [white paper]. [Internet]. Chicago, IL: Medical Library Association; 2007 [cited 21 Mar 2012].
- Manager, Library and Knowledge Services, Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO, 1979–
- Reference Librarian, Grand Forks Public Library, Grand Forks, ND, 1975–1978
- Extension Librarian, University of Colorado Health Center–Denver, 1974–1975
- Connecticut Regional Medical Program Librarian, Yale Medical Library, New Haven, CT, 1972–1974
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Alpi KM, Delgado D, eds. Honors and awards. Proceedings of the 110th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association. J Med Lib Assoc. 2011 Jan;99(1):E1–E45. [cited 16 Mar 2011]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.99.1.E1.
- Lynch FH, Rieke JL, eds. Magnet status white paper. Proceedings of the 107th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association. J Med Lib Assoc. 2008 Jan;96(1):E1–E35. [cited 22 Mar 2012]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1559-9439.96.1.E1.
- Fulda PO, Satterthwaite RK, eds. Business meeting 2. Proceedings of the 105th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association. J Med Lib Assoc. 2006 Jan;94(1):E1–E34. [cited 22 Mar 2012].
- MA, English, Loyola University, Chicago, IL, 1976
- MA, Library Science, Dominican University, River Forest, IL, 1972
- BA, English and History, Mt. Mary College, Milwaukee, WI, 1969
Contributed by Margaret Moylan Bandy, AHIP, FMLA