You are here
Lucretia W. McClure
See also Lucretia W. McClure's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, chair 1992, 1989; elected member 1995, 1986
- President, 1990-91
- MLA Archives Committee, chair, 1987-90
- Bylaws Committee, chair, 1984-88
- Finance Committee, chair, 1981-83
- Board of Directors, member, 1980-83
- History of Medicine Section, chair, 1978-79
- Medical School Libraries Section, chair, 1977-78
- Membership Committee, chair, 1975-79
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter, chair, 1969
Honors and Awards
- Lucretia McClure Excellence in Education Award, 1999
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1996
- MLA President's Award, 1995
- Fellow, 1993
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1985
- Holloway Award for Contributions to the Profession and the Association, Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences, 2003
- Medical Librarian Emerita, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester, 1993
- Distinguished Service Award, University of Rochester, 1992
- Fellow, Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter of MLA, 1990
Publications (5 representative)
- McClure LW. Why we read. J Hosp Libr 2003 Dec; 3(4 ):3.
- McClure LW. Journals of the century. Serials Libr 2001; 39(3 ):133-45.
- McClure LW. Preserving the balance: the value of fair use for our future. Acad Med 1995 Jul; 70(7):606-7.
- McClure LW. From curiosity to knowledge: the role of the library in medical education. Pharos 1988 Winter; 51(1 ):7-10.
- McClure LW. The promise of fruit … and light. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1985 Oct; 73(4 ):319-29.
- Special Assistant to the Director, Countway Library of Medicine, Harvard University, Boston, MA, 1996-present
- Medical Librarian and Associate Professor of Medical Bibliography, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1986-93
- Medical Librarian and Assistant Professor of Medical Bibliography, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1979-86
- Successive positions as Cataloger, Serials Librarian, Associate Librarian, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1964-78
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association. Summary of Oral History Interview with Lucretia W. McClure. Interview conducted on May 28-29, 1998 by Ursula Poland. Chicago: Medical Library Association. [cited September 2, 2003] <www.mlanet.org/about/history/l_mcclure.html>.
- Presentation of awards. Lucretia McClure Excellence in Education Award. Proceedings of the 99th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 2000 Jan; 88(1):111. [cited June 1, 2003]. <http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=122099>.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 96th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1997 Jan; 86(1):96-7.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 95th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1996 Jan; 84(1):147.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 93rd Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1994 Jan; 82(1):122.
- Joynt RJ. Lucretia W. McClure Medical Library Association President 1990-1991. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1990 Jul; 78(3):320-1.