You are here
Lois Ann Colaianni
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Joseph Leiter NLM/MLA Lectureship Committee, chair, 1985–1995
- Handbook of Medical Library Practice, Associate Editor, 1982–1988
- President, 1979–1980
- Board of Directors, member, 1974–1977, 1978–1981
- Hospital Libraries Section, President, 1976–1977
- Continuing Education Committee, member, chair, 1973–1974
- Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona
- Union List of Serials Committee, chair, 1977
- President, 1969–1970
Honors and Awards
- Medical Library Group of Southern California & Arizona, Honorary Member, 1999
- Hospital Libraries Section, Professional Recognition Award, 1999
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1995
- Fellow, 1994
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1991
- President's Award, 1989
- Council of Biology Editors' Distinguished Service Award, 1999
- National Library of Medicine Director's Award, 1998
- The Library Association (United Kingdom), Honorary Fellowship, 1996
- European Association for Health Information and Libraries, Prix d'Honneur, 1995
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, Fellow, 1994
UCLA Graduate School of Library and Information Science, First Distinguished Alumnus Award, 1992
- National Institutes of Health Director's Award, 1987
- National Institutes of Health Merit Award, 1983
- Award for contribution to patient education, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 1978-80
- Beta Phi Mu
Publications (5 representative)
- Colaianni LA. Hospital librarians and the Medical Library Association. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1998 Apr;86(2):217-22.
- Colaianni LA. Peer review in journals indexed in Index Medicus . JAMA 1994 Jul 13;272(2):156-8.
- Colaianni LA. Retraction, comment, and errata policies of the US National Library of Medicine. Lancet 1992 Aug;29(340):536-7.
- Colaianni LA. Where there is no vision the people perish. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1980 Oct;68(4):321-6.
- Colaianni LA, Mirsky PS. Manual for librarians in small hospitals. Los Angeles: University of California, Los Angeles, 1969.
- Associate Director for Library Operations, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1983-98
- Deputy Associate Director for Library Operations, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1981-83
- Director of Libraries, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, 1972-81
- Head, Medical Information Communications Services, UCLA Louise Darling Biomedical Library, Los Angeles, CA, 1968-72
- MEDLARS Searcher, UCLA Louise Darling Biomedical Library, Los Angeles, CA, 1965-68
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 95th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1996;84(1):147.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 94th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995;83(1):125.
- Braude RM. Lois Ann Colaianni, President Medical Library Association 1979-80. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1979 Jul;67(3):339-41.