You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Governmental Relations Committee, Chair, 2001–2004
- National Program Committee, Local Assistance Committee, Chair, 1999
- Grants and Scholarships: Doctoral Fellowship Jury, Chair, 1980
- Bylaws Committee, Chair, 1997
- President, 1995
- Business Reserve Task Force, Chair, 1994
- Midwest and Midcontinental Chapters Joint Meeting Committee, General Coordinating Chair, 1992
- Conference Exhibits and Sponsorship Committee, Chair, 1986
- President, 1985
- Facilities Committee, Chair, 1980
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2009
- Virginia L. and William K. Beatty MLA Volunteer Service Award, 2008
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- MLA Representative to Section 8 US Copyright Office Working Group, 2005
- MLA Representative Providing Testimony before the US House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies, 2003 and 2004
- MLA Representative to American Library Association’s Intellectual Freedom Principles for Libraries in a Networked World Task Force, 2002
- Distinguished Librarian of the Year. Midwest Chapter/MLA, 2008
- Illinois Lieutenant Governor’s Broadband Development Board, Appointed Member, 2007
- Golden Raster Award, Health Sciences and Communications Association (HeSCA), 2004
- Literary Award for Best Research Article: Journal of Biocommunication, 2001
- Distinguished Service Award, Health Sciences and Communications Association (HeSCA), 1991
- Missouri Governor's Library Board, Appointed Member, 1978
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central
- Ludwig LT, Giesecke J, Walton L. Scenario planning: a tool for academic health sciences libraries. Health Info Libr J. 2009 Apr;26(2).
- Ludwig L. Introduction to the healthcare environment, Chapter 2 in Health sciences librarianship: a handbook. Sandra Wood, ed. Binghampton, NY: Hawthorne Press; 2008.
- Ludwig LT, Starr S. Library as place: results of a national delphi study. J Med Libr Assoc. 2005 Jul;93(3):315–26.
- Ludwig LT, ed. Building the information frontier: new libraries MLA building symposium. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1995 Jul;83(3):305–56.
- Demas JM, Ludwig LT. The clinical medical librarian: the last unicorn? Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1991 Jan;79(1):17–27.
- Associate Dean, Library and Telehealth Services, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, April 2000–
- Director, Library and Media Services, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, July 1993–March 2000
- Director, Health Sciences Library, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, January 1986–June 1993
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Dominican University, River Forest, IL, January 1988–July 2001
- Interim Director, Medical Library, St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, January 1984–December 1985
- Audiovisual Librarian/Assistant Professor, St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, June 1978–December 1983
- Learning Resources Center Director, Farmington Senior High School, Farmington, MO, July 1973–May 1978
- Visiting Instructor, Southeast Missouri State University–Cape Girardeau, May 1974–August 1974
- Unit Librarian/English Instructor, Pleasant Hill School System, Pleasant Hill, IL, August 1969–July 1973.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Proceedings of the 109th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association, Inc., Honolulu, HI May 15–20, 2009. J Med Libr Assoc. 2010 Jan;98(1) :e8–e9. DOI: 10.3163/1559-9439.98.1.E1.
- Proceedings of the 108th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association, Inc., Chicago, IL May 16–21, 2008. J Med Libr Assoc. 2009 Jan;97(1) :e5. DOI: 10.3163/1559-9439.97.1.E1.