You are here
Linda A. Watson
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, chair 2004-05
- President, 2002-03
- Treasurer, 1997-99
- Board of Directors, 1996-99
- National Program Committee for Annual Meeting, Chair 1995
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2005
- President’s Award, 2004-05
- Mid Atlantic Chapter Librarian of the Year, 1995
- Distinguished Member, Academy of Health Information Professionals, 1995-present
Publications (5 representative)
- Watson L, Fuller S. Commentary on managing and leveraging organizational knowledge. In: Optimizing organizational performance of academic health centers: In pursuit of values. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (in press).
- Watson L. Enhanced public access to NIH research information: implications for open access. Charleston Advisor 2005 Jan; 6(3):55-57. [cited April 8, 2005].
- Homan,JM, Watson LM. STM publishing meets NIH digital archive: librarian service on the PubMed Central National Advisory Committee. Ref Serv Rev 2004; 32(1):83-8.
- Watson LA., Login IS, Burns JM. Exploring new ways of publishing: a library/faculty partnership. J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Apr; 91(2):245-7. [cited April 8, 2005].
- Watson LA. Health sciences environment. In: McClure L, ed. Health Sciences Environment and Librarianship in Health Sciences Libraries. New York, NY: Medical Library Association and Forbes Custom Publishing, 1999. (Current Practice in Health Sciences Librarianship, v.7)
- Director, Health Sciences Libraries, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota, MN, 2005-present
- Associate Dean and Director, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1990-2005
- Associate Executive Director for Library Operations, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library, Houston, TX, 1985-1990
- Various positions, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1976-85
- Post Graduate Intern, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1975-76
- Project Librarian, Tracor-Jitco, 1974-1975
MLA published statements about the fellow