You are here
Julia F. Sollenberger
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Leadership and Management Section, chair, 2000-01
- Electronic Publishing Symposium Planning Committee, chair, 2000 Annual Meeting, Vancouver, B.C.,1999-00
- Nominating Committee, 1999-2000 and 1993-94
- National Program Committee, associate chair, 1996 Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, 1996
- Professional Recognition Review Panel, 1993-94
- Board of Directors, 1989-92
- Chair, Chapter Council, 1989-92
- Continuing Education Committee, chair, 1988-89
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter, Chair, 1985-86; Vice Chair, 1984-85
- Program Chair, Annual Meeting, UNYOC, Rochester, New York, October 16-18, 1985
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2005
- Estelle Brodman Award for Academic Medical Librarian of the Year, 1993
- Distinguished Member, Academy of Health Information Professionals, 1990-2006
- National Institutes of Health Award of Merit, 1980
- National Library of Medicine Associate, 1977-78
- Beta Phi Mu, National Library Science Honor Society
- Kappa Mu Epsilon, National Honorary Mathematics Society
Publications (5 representative)
- Sollenberger J, Fineout-Overholt E, Nollan R, Stephenson P. Finding relevant evidence. In: Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: a guide to best practice. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004:39-69.
- Sollenberger J, Shipley M. The state of scientific publishing: problems and promise. Scand J Pub Health 2004 32(2):153-6.
- Sollenberger J, DeGolyer C, Rosen M. Internet access and training for African-American churches: reducing disparities in health information access. Ref Lib 2003 82:171-82. Simultaneously published in: Outreach services in academic and special libraries. New York, Haworth Information Press, 2003:171-82.
- Sollenberger J, Smith BT. Teaching computer searching to health care professionals: why does it take so long? Med Ref Serv Q 1987 6:45-51. Reprinted in: User education in health sciences libraries: a reader. New York, Haworth Press, 1995:117-22.
- Sollenberger J, Nesbit K. Evaluation at the University of Rochester of BRS Colleague Disc: A MEDLINE CD-ROM Product. In: MEDLINE on CD-ROM: National Library of Medicine Evaluation Forum. Medford. New Jersey, Learned Information, 1989:135-52.
- Director, Health Science Libraries and Technologies, and Assistant Professor of Medical Informatics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1998-present
- Deputy Director, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1997-98
- Assistant Director, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1994-97
- Assistant Director for Public and ComputingServices, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1992-94
- Head of Public Services, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1984-92
- Head of Information Services, Edward G. Miner Library, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 1980-84
- Systems Librarian, Technical Services Division, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1978-80
- Library Associate, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1977-78
MLA published statements about the fellow