You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 1981-85; 1971-72
- Honors and Awards Committee, chair, 1977-78
- Honors and Awards Subcommittee on Ida and George Eliot Prize, chair, 1977-78
- Proceedings Editor, Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, 1974-79
- Committee on Bibliographical Projects and Problems, chair, 1970-71
- Research Group, chair, 1966
- North Atlantic Chapter Annual Meeting, co-chair, 1970
- North Atlantic Chapter, chair, 1962
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1985
Publications (5 representative)
- Staats J. Standardized Nomenclature for Inbred Strains of Mice: eighth listing. Cancer Res. 1985 Mar;45(3):945-77.
- Sprott RL, Staats J. Behavioral studies Using Genetically Defined Mice--a Bibliography (August 1979-July 1980). Behav Genet. 1981 Jan;11(1):73-84.
- Staats, J. Inbred and Segregating Inbred Strains. In: The Mouse in Biomedical Research, Foster, HL, Small, JD, Fox, JG, eds. Academic Press: NY, 1981: 177-213.
- Staats, J. Special libraries: Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor. Bull Maine Libr Assoc. 1968; 29(2): 3-4.
- Staats, J. A Classified Bibliography of Inbred Strains of Mice. Science. 1954; 119:295-296
- Senior Staff Scientist, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 1977-84.
- Staff Scientist, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 1957-77
- Research Librarian, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 1956-57
- Librarian, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 1949-56
- Acting Instructor, University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, IL, 1945-47
- Experimental Pharmacologist, Armour Laboratories, Chicago, IL, 1944-45
- Research Assistant, Wilson Laboratories, Chicago, IL, 1943-44
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings of the 85th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Jan; 74(1):84. [Cited April 12, 2007]
Contributed by Joan Zenan, AHIP, FMLA