You are here
See also Janet Doe's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Handbook of Medical Library Practice, editor, 195?-56
- President, 1948-49
- Committee on International and National Cooperation, chair, 1947-48
- Handbook of Medical Library Practice, editor, 1940-1943
- Committee on a Medical Library Handbook, chair, 1939
- Secretary, 1936-40
Honors and Awards
- Janet Doe Lecture established in her honor, 1967
- Fellow, 1960
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1954
Publications (5 representative)
- Doe J. The survey and after. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1961 Jul;49:361-8
- Doe J, Marshall ML, eds. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago: American Library Association, 1956.
- Doe J. Opportunities for women in medicine: medical librarianship. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 1953 Dec;8(12):414-6.
- Doe J, ed. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago: American Library Association, 1942.
- Doe, Janet, 1895- A bibliography of the works of Ambroise Paré: premier chirurgien & conseiller du roy . Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 1937.
- Librarian, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1949-1956
- Assistant Librarian, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1929-49
- Head of Periodicals, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1927-29
- Assistant Librarian, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research, New York, NY, 1923-26
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Brodman E. The end of the triumvirate. Janet Doe, 1895-1985. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Jul; 74(3):290-1. [cited January 30, 2004]. Web document.
- Brodman E. Janet Doe, 1895-1985 (obituary). Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Apr; 74(3):188-9. [cited January 30, 2004]. Web document.
- MLA Oral History interview with Janet Doe. Interview conducted on July 20, 1977 by Estelle Brodman. Chicago : Medical Library Association, 1984. [cited October 6, 2003] . Web document. <http://www.mlanet.org/about/history/j_doe.html>
- Janet Doe. [Anonymous biography from a "Festschrift in Honor of Janet Doe"]. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1957 July; 45 (3): 281-284. [cited January 30, 2004]. Web document.
- Annan G. Janet Doe. An introduction to the new president of the Medical Library Association. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1948 Oct; 36 (4):412–14 [cited July 26, 2004]. Web document. .
(Birth 1895; Death 1985)