You are here
Irwin H. Pizer
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, editor, 1989-91
- National Program Committee, chair, 1987-89 and 1976-78
- Board of Directors, 1975-78
Honors and Awards
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1991
- Fellow, 1989
- ISI/Frank Bradway Rogers Information Advancement Award, 1987
- President's Award, 1986
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1984
- Ida and George Eliot Prize, 1966
- Murray Gottlieb Prize, 1964
- MLA Scholarship, 1959
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
Publications (5 representative)
- Pizer HH. Looking backward, 1984-1959: twenty-five years of library automation-a personal view. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1984 Oct;72(4):335-48.
- Theall JN, Pizer HH. New library buildings. Part VIII. The Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Chicago. Bull Med Libr Assoc1976 Oct;64(4):402-11.
- Pizer HH. A regional medical library network. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1969 Apr;57(2):101-15.Pizer HH. The SUNY Biomedical Communication Network: implementation of an on-line, real time, user-oriented system. Proc Am Doc Inst 1967;4:258-62.
- Pizer IH, Franz DR, Brodman E. Mechanization of library procedures in the medium-sized medical library:I. The serial record. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1963 Jul;51(3):313-38..
- University Librarian, University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 1971-89
- Director, Greater Midwest Region, NN/LM, 1979-89
- Director of Libraries, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 1969-71
- Director, Health Sciences Library, Upstate Medical Center, State University of New York, Syracuse, NY 1964-69
- Librarian, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1961-64
- Intern, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1960-61
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Hodges TM. Irwin Howard Pizer, 1934-1991 (obituary). Bull Med Libr Assoc 1992 Jan; 80(1):63-6.
- Crawford S. Irwin H. Pizer, twentieth editor of the Bulletin. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1989 Jan; 77(1):77-8.
(Birth 1934; death 1991)