You are here
Year Fellowship Conferred: 1987
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Honors and Awards Committee, Subcommittee on the Eliot Prize, member, 1973–1977, chair, 1976–1977
- Nominating Committee, member, 1969–1971
- National Convention, Facilities and Arrangements Committee, cochair, 1968–1969
- Advisory Committee on Library Problems, member, 1966–1967
- Standards for Medical Librarianship Committee, assistant chair, 1966–1967; Subcommittee on Certification, member, 1962–1966, chair, 1964–1966
- Standards for Medical Librarianship Committee, Subcommittee on Internship, member, 1955–1959, chair, 1958–1959
- Southern Chapter: Nominating Committee, chair, 1973; Chapter chair, 1964–1965; Membership Committee, chair, 1962–1963; convention and program chair, 1959–1960 and 1977–1978; secretary-treasurer 1957–1958
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1987
- Honorary Member, Southern Chapter, MLA
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Strong sense of architectural design helped her successfully launched two new library buildings
- Instrumental in procuring art by Mississippi artists for display at the Rowland Medical Library. Her personal art collection includes over 300 original works, mostly by Mississippi and Southern artists
- Committed to continuing education for all staff members
- National Library of Medicine/Southeastern Regional Medical Library Program, Executive Committee and Advisory Committee, member
- Special Libraries Association, Biological Section, The Reminder (official division publication) , editor 1966–1968; chair, 1965–1966; Annual Meeting Program, cochair, 1953–1954
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Accreditation site visit team
- Mississippi Library Association: By-laws & Constitution Committee, chair; Central West Division, chair; Scholarship Committee, chair, 1973–1974; committee charged with surveying the State of Mississippi special library holdings, chair
- Jackson Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors, member
- Personal collection of over 2,500 books: “If the house caught on fire, I would rescue my books first”
Publications (5 representative)
- Graham I. Joan Titley Adams. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1987 Oct;75(4): 390–2 [Cited 20 Nov 2013].
- Graham I. Recipients of the Ida and George Eliot Award, 1962–1977. Bull Med Lib Assoc 1977 Oct;65(4):483 [Cited 8 Jan 2014] .
- Allen SN, Mahan JM, Graham I. The implementation of a large-scale self-instructional course in medical information resources. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1979 Jul;67(3):302–7 [Cited 20 Nov 2013].
- Graham I. Mississippi Regional Medical Program. Hospital Library Study. Jackson, MS: Mississippi Regional Medical Program; 1970.
- Brodman E, Yast H, Johnson BC, Brandon AN, Davis LF, Manson C, Graham I, Pizer IH. MLA certification: discussion. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1967 Jan; 55(1):13–4 [Cited 20 Nov 2013].
- Director, Rowland Medical Library, University of Mississippi–Jackson, 1955–1986
- Director, College of Medicine Library, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1953–1955
- Clerk, Art and Music Department, Cincinnati Public Library, Cincinnati, OH
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Weaver CG, ed. Proceedings, Eighty-seventh Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc. Portland, Oregon May 15–21, 1987: honors and awards. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1988 Jan;76(1):100 [Cited 22 Nov 2013].
- Graduate School of Librarianship, University of Illinois, 1953
- BA, ancient and medieval history, College of Liberal Arts, University of Cincinnati, 1948