You are here
See also Eileen Cunningham's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Delegate, International Congress on Libraries and Documentation Centers, Brussels, 1955
- Delegate and Planner, First International Congress on Medical Librarianship, London, 1953
- Delegate, International Conference on Documentation, Rome, 1951
- Delegate, UNESCO Conference on Abstracting and Indexing, Paris, 1951
- President, 1947-48
- Committee on Coordinated Abstracting Service for Clinical Medicine, Chair, 1947-48
- Committee on Periodicals and Serial Publications, Chair, 1947
Honors and Awards
- Eileen R. Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship established in her honor, 1971
- Fellow, 1960
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1949
Publications (5 representative)
- Cunningham ER. The Library of the Basic Medical Sciences Institute in Pakistan. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1960 Jul;48:292-8. [Cited Dec. 28, 2006]. Web document. <http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/pagerender.fcgi?artid=200494&pageindex=1>
- Cunningham ER, Annan GL, Grinnell M. A bibliography of reference works and histories in medicine and the applied sciences. In: Doe J, Marshall ML, eds. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago: American Library Association, 1956.
- Cunningham ER. The improvement of medical library bibliographic service. J Med Educ 1955 Sep;30(9 Part 1):518-26
- Cunningham ER. Reference work Including an annotated list of reference books. In: Doe J, ed. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago: American Library Association, 1942.
- Cunningham ER. Classification for medical literature. Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press, 1929 [revised through 5 editions 1929-1967].
- Librarian Emeritus, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, 1956-65
- Professor of Medical Library Science, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, 1949-1956
- Librarian, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, 1929-49
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Brodman E. The end of the triumvirate. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Jul; 74(3):288-91. [Cited Dec 28, 2006]. Web document.
- Langner MC. Eileen Roach Cunningham 1894-1965. (obituary). Bull Med Libr Assoc 1966 Jan; 54(1): 93-95. [Cited Dec. 28, 2006]. Web document.
- Proceedings of the 59th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1960 October; 48 (4): 471-5 . [Cited Dec. 28, 2006]. Web document.
(Birth 1898; Death 1965)
Edited June 19, 2006