You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, International Notes Column, Editor, 1970–1974
- Committee on International Cooperation, Member, 1970–1975
- Ad Hoc Committee to Review the Goals and Structure of the Medical Library Association, Member, 1968–1975
- Membership Committee, Member, 1963–1966
- Board of Trustees, Treasurer, 1958–1960
- Committee on Standards, Subcommittee on Curriculum, Member, 1954–1975; Chair, 1956–1957
- Medical School Libraries Group, Chair 1961–1962
- Pacific Northwest Regional Group
- Founding Member, 1953
- Chair, 1957–1958
- Library Development Project, medical library survey, Chair, 1959–1960
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1980
- Certified Medical Librarian
- YMCA Women's Recognition Award, 1988
- Certificate of Appreication, University of British Columbia
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Canadian Pensioners Concerned, National President, 1982–1988
- 3rd International Congress on Medical Librarianship, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, International Liaison Committee, MLA Representative, 5–9 May 1969
- Association of Canadian Medical Colleges/ l’Association des Faculties de Medecine du Canada (ACMC/AFCM), Standing Committee on Medical School Libraries, Chair, 1962–1963
- British Columbia Library Association, Vice-President/President, 1961–1963; Program Committee, Chair, 1961–1962; Hospital Library Committee, Chair
- Canadian Royal Commission on Health Services to Study Library Service, Secretary, 1962
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PMC.
- Fraser MD. The Medical Library Association: the span of its international activities: a chronology. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1971 Jul;59(3):495–510. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Fraser MDE, Lloyd HA. The information needs of physiotherapists in the Atlantic Provinces. Halifax, NS, Dalhousie University, University Libraries, School of Library Service; 1977, 1981.
- Fraser MDE. Dalhousie Medical-Dental Library: a record of 99 years, parts 1 & 2. APLA Bull. 1967 Feb;30(1):12–18 and 1967 May;30(2):57–69.
- Fraser MDE. Recent developments in Canadian Medical Libraries. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1964 Jan;52(1):300–6. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Fraser MDE. Canadian medical school libraries and their collections; a brief review. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1960 Apr; 48(2):149–61. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Chief Librarian, Medical Dental Library and W. K. Kellogg Health Sciences Library Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada, 1964–1971
- Librarian, Bio-Medical Library, University of British Columbia–Vancouver, Canada, 1953–1964
- Instructor, School of Librarianship, University of British Columbia, 1960–1964
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Pizer IH. M. Doreen Fraser, 1915–1989 [obituary]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1990 Apr;78(2):215. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Poland UH. Reflections on the Medical Library Association's international activities. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1982 Oct; 70(4):359–68. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Awards ceremony. Proceedings, Eightieth Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., Washington, D.C., June 11–19, 1980. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1981 Jan; 69(1):59–184. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- MLA international [editorial]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1971 Apr;59(2):353. [cited 28 Jun 2012].
- Medical bibliography study with Thomas P. Fleming, Columbia University, 1953
- BLS, University of Toronto, 1937
- BA, University of Alberta, 1936
(Birth 1915; Death 1989)
Contributed by Diane McKenzie, 2012