You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Oral History Committee, Project Director 1997 � 2002; Chair 1995- 1996
- History of Health Sciences Section, Chair 2006-present ; Program Chair 2005-2006; Section Council Representative 2003 -2005
- Ida and George Eliot Prize Jury, Chair 1997-98
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2008
- Award for Distinguished Service. Health Science Library, University of North Carolina, 2002
- Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award. Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association. 1998
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central
- McKenzie D. Duke-UNC Foreign Medical Journals: A collaborative collection of off-site foreign language health sciences journals: a proposal. J Interlibr Loan Doc Deliv Elec Reserves 2007; 17(3): 65-74.
- McKenzie D, Pifalo V. The oral history program: personal views of health sciences librarianship and the Medical Library Association, I, II, III. Bull Med Libr Assoc, 1998 May; 84(3):166-182; Jul; 86(3):366-76; and Oct; 86(4):464-474. [cited April 11, 2008]
- Curtis P, McDermott J, McKenzie D. Evaluating information sources for complementary and alternative medicine. (Unit 8 of Understanding the Intersection of CAM and Conventional Care: A Resource Guide for Health Professionals.) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Program on Integrative Medicine, 2003.
- McKenzie D, Schnall J, Interviewers; McKenzie D, Ed., Medical Library Association Oral History Committee interview with Gerald J. Oppenheimer. Medical Library Association, 2000.
- McKenzie D. Growing Up in Alberta. Alberta Hist 1989 Summer; 37 (3):14-23; 1989 Autumn; 37 (4):17-24; 1990 Winter; 38 (1):25-32.
- Collection Development and History Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1997- 2007.
- Reference Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1987-1997.
- Assistant Science Librarian, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID, 1984-1987.
- Circuit Rider Librarian, Gritman Memorial Hospital, Moscow, Idaho, and St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, ID, 1984- 1985.
- Research Librarian, Center for Health Services Research, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1976-1980.
- Librarian, Boeing Company, Seattle, WA, 1975-1976.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Lord, J. A tribute to Diane McKenzie. MAC Messages 2007 Apr May Jun; 118:6-7. [cited April 11, 2008] http://www.cbil.vcu.edu/mac/pubs/macmessages/118/macmessages118.pdf
Edited September 14, 2008