You are here
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 2009–2010
- President-elect, 2008–2009
- MLANET Editor Search Committee, Chair, 2006–2007
- Board of Directors, 2005–2008
- Center of Research and Education (CORE) Task Force, Chair, 2002–2005
- National Program Committee, Technology Advisory Group, 2003
- 1998/99 Nominating Committee
- MLANET Editor Search Committee, chair, 1998
- MLANET Task Force, 1995–1998
- 1998 National Program Committee, 1995–1998
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association Evaluation Committee, 1992–1995
- Governmental Relations Committee, 1983–1986
- Pacific Northwest Chapter Council Representative, 1981–1983
Hospital Libraries Section of the Medical Library Association:
- Web Editor, 1999–2002
- Web Task Force, 1998–1999
- Standards Committee, Chairman, 1991–1994
Mid Atlantic Chapter:
- Program Committee, 2004–2005
- Strategic Planning Task Force, 1999–2002
- Immediate Past Chair, 1996–1997
- Chapter Chair, 1995–1996
- Chapter Chair-elect, 1994–1995
- Program Committee, 1993–1994
Pacific Northwest Chapter
- Continuing Education Committee, Chair, 1986–1987
- Chapter Chair, 1985–1986
- Program Cochair, Joint Meeting with MidContinental Chapter, 1985–1986
- Recording Secretary, 1984
- Governmental Relations Committee, 1980–1987
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2010
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award, 2006
- Outstanding Service Award, Department of Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, May 23, 2003
- National Library of Medicine Fellowship in Medical Informatics at the Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA, 2002
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter Librarian of the Year, 1997
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Schardt C, Adams MB, Owens T, Keitz S, Fontelo P. Utilization of the PICO framework to improve searching PubMed for clinical questions. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2007 Jun 15;7–16 [cited 16 Mar 2011].
- Patel MR, Schardt CM, Sanders LL, Keitz SA. Randomized trial for answers to clinical questions: evaluating a pre-appraised versus a MEDLINE search protocol. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006 Oct;94(4):382–7 [cited 16 Mar 2011]
- Fontelo P, Liu F, Ackerman M, Schardt CM, Keitz SA. askMEDLINE: a report on a year-long experience. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2006:923.
- Moyer V, Schardt C. Finding the evidence. Moyer V, Elliott E, Gilbert R, Klassen T, Logan S, Mellis C, Henderson-Smart DJ, Williams K, eds. Evidence-based pediatrics. London, UK: BMJ Books; 2004.
- Crowley, SD, Owens, TA, Schardt, CM, Wardell, SI, Peterson, J, Garrison, S, Keitz, SA. A Web-based compendium of clinical questions and medical evidence to educate internal medicine residents. Acad Med 2003 Mar;78(3):270–4.
- Associate Director of Public Services, Education Services, Library, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2007–present
- Education Coordinator, Library, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 1997–2007
- Adjunct Faculty, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill. 2001–present
- Coordinator of Information Services and Library Director, Salisbury, Northwest AHEC, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, August 1990–January 1997
- Health Information Consultant, Idaho Health Libraries Network, Idaho State Library–Boise, September 1979–August 1990
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Alpi KM, Delgado D. Presentation of awards: Proceedings of the 101th annual meeting of the Medical Library Association. J Med Libr Assoc. 2011 Jan;99(1):E10 [cited 16 Mar 2011].
- McKenzie D. Connie Schardt, AHIP, Medical Library Association, 2009–2010. J Med Libr Assoc. 2009 Jul;97(3):165–8 [cited 16 Mar 2011] .
Edited March 16, 2011