You are here
Carol A. Burns
See also Carol A. Burns' Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Southern Chapter
- Chair, 1992-93
- Vice Chair/Program Chair, 1991-92
- Conference Chair, 1989-90
- Chair, Nominating Committee, 1993-94
- Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, 1994-95
- Chair, Research Committee, 1995-97
- Chair, Bylaws Committee, 1985-86
- Parliamentarian, 1986
- Nominating Committee Nominee
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2001
- Ida and George Eliot Prize (with CR Dee and JA Rankin), 2000
- MLA Award for Best Research Paper (with CR Dee and JA Rankin), 1996
- Distinguished Member, AHIP, 1995-present
- Librarian Emerita (Professor Emeritus), Emory University, 2000-present
- SC/MLA, Honorary Member, 2000--present
- GHSLA, Miriam H. Libbey Memorial Lecturer, 2000--present
Publications (5 representative)
- Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Dee, CR, Rankin, JA, Burns CA. Using scientific evidence to improve hospital library services: Southern Chapter/MLA Journal Usage Study. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1998 Jul; 86(30):301-6.
- Director, Emory University, Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library (formerly A.W. Calhoun Medical Library), Atlanta, GA 1984-2000.
- Acting Director, Emory University, A.W. Calhoun Medical Library, Atlanta, GA 1983-84.
- Lecturer, Emory University, Division of Librarianship, Atlanta, GA 1979-1985.
- Assistant Director, Emory University, A.W. Calhoun Medical Library, Atlanta, GA 1979-83
- Audiovisual Librarian, Emory University, A.W. Calhoun Medical Library, Atlanta, GA 1974-79.
- Reference Associate, University of Michigan, Medical Center Library, Ann Arbor, MI 1972-74.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 101st Annual Meeting. J Med Libr Assoc 202Jan; 90(1):141-2.]
- Medical Library Association. Oral History Committee Interview with Carol A. Burns. Interview conducted on May 1, 2002 by Richard Nollan.
Edited April, 2006