You are here
Alice D. Ball
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1984
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Special Libraries Association, Washington, DC, Chapter, President, 1960–1961
- 2nd International Congress on Medical Librarianship, Washington, DC,Public Relations Committee, Member, June 16–22, 1963
- Joint Committee to Aid Devastated Libraries, Member
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PMC.
- Ball AD. The Universal Serials and Book Exchange. In: Encyclopedia of library and information service. volume 32. Marcel Dekker; 1981. p. 147–51.
- Ball AD. The role of the United States Book Exchange in the nationwide library and information services network. Washingto, DC: National Commission on Libraries and Information Scienc; 1975.
- Ball, AD. International Program of the United States Book Exchange. Libr Int Dev. 1969 Apr;12:2.
- Ball AD. USBE story...continued. Lib J. 1966;91:(6):1349–53.
- Ball AD. Library additions at small cost. Bull Am Assoc Univ Prof. 1951/52 Winter;37(4):723–25.
- Executive Director, United States Book Exchange, Washington, DC, 1948–1984
- American Book Center for War Devastated Libraries (SAUO), 1945–1948
- Teaching Assistant, University of California–Los Angeles
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings of the 84th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1985 Jan;73(1):107. [cited 12 Feb 2012].
(Birth 1913; Death 1999)
Contributed by Diane McKenzie, 2012