I have been a public, an academic, and a medical librarian
NO OTHER national organization, in my opinion, has as aggressively addressed the interests and concerns of its branch of librarianship as MLA. Keep up the good work!
Member comment, MLA Membership Survey
As a professional, you depend on your colleagues as a vital information and support network. And we have thousands of experts, in medical libraries all over the world, who are ready to share their knowledge and experience with you. Members of MLA, who collectively know all there is to know about medical librarianship. All of which can help you now... and in your future.
Join more than 3,500 health information experts who are sharing ideas, resolving problems, and facing critical professional issues. Shape your future with MLA... TODAY!
- Regular Membership
- Regular Membership is available for dues of $195.
- If you earn a salary of $35,000 or less or are currently unemployed, your
reduced dues are $120.
- If you're a first-time member, have let your MLA membership lapse for 5
years or more, or are a student member that's now a professional health sciences librarian
test drive MLA's
professional benefits and services with an Introductory Membership. For one
year, your dues will be just $130. During that first year, you also receive
free membership in any one MLA section.
- If you retire and wish to maintain your MLA affiliation, and have held MLA membership for 10 consecutive years, Emeritus dues are $75. Request emeritus status from MLA headquarters.
- Institutional Membership
- Dues are based on your total library expenditures (excluding any grants or contracts).
- If library expenses are $0-$199,999 USD, your dues are $295.
- If library expenses are $200,000-$699,999 USD, your dues are $485,
- If library expenses are $700,000 USD or more, your dues are $695.
- International Membership
- International membership is a nonvoting membership for health information professionals who live outside
the United States or Canada.
- Dues are $130.
- Student Membership
- You are eligible for student membership if you are enrolled in an
accredited school of library and information sciences.
- Student reduced dues are $50.
- You may return to student status for additional 2-year periods if you return to school.
- Affiliate Membership
- A nonvoting membership that does not offer the option of the print Journal of the Medical Library Association.
- Available for reduced dues of $120.
- Corporate Partners