What do your students need to complete the course? When teaching in a classroom, you can bring your handouts and physically hand students any printed exercises, evaluations, and CE certificates. In the online environment, you need to consider how you will deliver these materials to students.
Here are some questions to consider when deciding how to deliver materials:
- What do students need?
- Can all of these materials be made available through the Web-based course?
- How will these documents be made available? Will you create Webpages, pdf files, upload Word documents, etc.?
- Will students require any special software to obtain materials? Or need additional passwords (e.g. using a university's e-reserve system)? If so, how will you communicate this to students? What mechanisms do you have in place if students cannot retrieve documents on their own?
- How and in what format will you send the CE certificate/receipt of course payment to students?
- If you're requiring students to read copyrighted material, how will you provide access to it?