MLA's Educational Webcast
Partnering to Prevent Diagnostic Error: Librarians on the Inside Track
Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 1:00 p.m.2:30 p.m., central time
Webcast Information for Site Participation
General Information for Webcast Sites
Your institution can be a site and provide area health sciences librarians and
others the opportunity to participate in the webcast. Hosting this event is
also a great opportunity to invite, meet, and share with your clinician colleagues.
Sites can project the program so that it can be viewed by several people in
1 room (e.g., 10 participants from the area can view the program in a conference
room at the site). Also, sites can allow registered participants to view the
program on individual computers at the registered site (e.g., 5 librarians at
the same institution can watch the program at their own computers or in a computer
Participants will receive 1.5 MLA CE contact hours or 3 hours
if wraparound discussion sessions are included.
Site coordinators will receive 1 activity point applicable to their Academy
of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) membership.
Site coordinators normally are librarians who handle all of the logistics.
- register with MLA to access the original program on March 13, 2013
- arrange local facilities
- review technical information
- obtain any technical and staff support
- arrange supplemental local publicity
- host the event (registration, evaluations, and certificates)
- view the webcast
- encourage attendees to complete the MLA online evaluation
- return completed attendee roster to MLA
Registration Fees (Sites)
- Earlybird site registration fee: $395 (nonmember, $495).
Registration must be received by March 7, 2013. The fee will increase $100.00
for registrations received after March 7, 2013 (member site $495.00, nonmember
- DVD: Add the DVD of the original webcast for an additional $99.
- On-Demand Viewing for 30 days: Add the on-demand for an
For more information, contact Debra
Cavanaugh, email@example.com, 312.419.9094 x32.