You are here
Announcing CE Activities in MLA News
Any continuing education (CE) course should be announced in the MLA News at least one month before it is held. Only courses that are approved for MLA CE Contact Hours by the Professional Development Department prior to the submission of this form will be published.
This course announcement form must be received by MLA by the first day of the month preceding publication (e.g. if the course is to be held in April, the course announcement should reach MLA by February 1st for inclusion in the March issue of the MLA News). Please allow an additional month for combined issues, published in June/July and November/December.
MLA Marketing Criteria
- Marketing is offered only to developers with educational activities approved for MLA CE contact hours, if all requirements are met.
- The MLA News lists dates, course titles, instructors, location, fees, instructor and contact information
- Any CE activity should be announced in the MLA News at least one month before it is held.
- For CE announcements to be listed in the MLA News, MLA must receive educational activity announcements by the first day of the month preceding publication (e.g. if the course is to be held in April, the announcement should reach MLA by February 1st for inclusion in the March issue of the MLA News).
- Please allow an additional month for combined issues, published in June/July and November/December.
Follow the italicized directions to prepare your announcement as a separate word document using 12-point typeface. Use outside margins of at least 1". Identify the numbered sections of the announcement, and double-space between sections.
- Course title: List exact activity title as submitted for MLA approval.
- Instructor: Give name of instructor that will be teaching the upcoming course.
- MLA CE contact hours: Number of contact hours awarded by MLA.
- Sponsor: List the sponsor of the upcoming educational offering.
- Location: List where the upcoming offering will be held. Include institution, city, and state.
- Date: Provide the date of upcoming offering.
- Time: Provide the time of upcoming offering.
- Registration Fee: List fees for members and non-members.
- Contact Person: Give the name of the contact for the upcoming offering.
- Address: List the address for the contact person.
Telephone: List the telephone for the contact person.
Fax: List the fax for the contact person.
Email: List the email for the contact person.
Submit completed announcement to:
Professional Development Department, Medical Library Association
Suite 1900, 65 East Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601-7246