The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) includes the Colleges of Dentistry, Graduate Health Sciences, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy; graduate medical education programs in Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville; a community pharmacy residency program in locations across the state; family medicine centers in Knoxville, Jackson, and Memphis; and public and continuing education programs across the state. The UTHSC Health Sciences Library is an innovative, service-oriented library that supports an integrated program of education, research, service, and clinical care efforts of the university. Our recently renovated facilities have increasingly become the gathering place of choice for our diverse, motivated, and diligent group of scholars. We are currently expanding our team of energetic, service-oriented, and collaborative professionals in the Research & Learning Services (RLS) department. The senior RLS librarian will report to the assistant director for RLS.
Major Job Duties:
- Provides reference and research support services, as well as information literacy instruction.
- Coordinates single service desk and supervises RLS staff and student workers.
- Mentors RLS librarians to deliver professional services.
- Guides UTHSC faculty, staff, and students in the effective use of library services and resources.
- Provides expert literature search services for systematic reviews and other research projects.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to design and teach curriculum-integrated instruction sessions for both classroom and online learning environments.
- Serves as library liaison to specific academic colleges or departments to identify their needs and solicit input on library collection development for specific departmental disciplines.
- Master’s degree in library/information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies degree.
- 5 years of professional-level academic experience.
- Experience providing library instruction and reference/research support.
- Knowledge of information literacy in library instructional activities.
- Knowledge of technology tools, including mobile devices and web applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability and shown evidence to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong service orientation.
Salary Information: $60,000 minimum. This is a 12-month, full-time, nontenure-track faculty appointment. Faculty rank will be at the level of assistant professor or associate professor depending on experience. For full job announcement: www.uthsc.edu/library/documents/sr-rls-librarian-2018-11-16.pdf.
To apply: Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include (a) letter of application; (b) curriculum vitae and/or resume; and, (c) the name, email, and phone number of 3 professional references to: Lin Wu, Search Committee for Senior Research & Learning Services Librarian, Assistant Director/Associate Professor, Health Sciences Library, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 877 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163; phone: 901.448.4759; fax: 901.448.7351; email@example.com.
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center is an AAE/EOE-Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer. The University of Tennessee does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.