See also Wayne J. Peay's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, member, 1992-94
- Copyright Committee, chair, 1982-84
- Midcontinental Chapter, Chair, 1983-84
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2000
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1998
- American Library Association/Association of Library Trustees and Advocates. National Honor Roll, 2000
- National Science Foundation. Information Technology Research Initiative. Review Panel, 2000
- Distinguished Service Award. Utah Library Association, 1999
- Utah State Chief Information Officer's Award. December, 1997
- Accreditation Reviewer. Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. Commission on Colleges, 1996 - 2000
- Reviewer. Idaho Technology Incentive Grant Program. Idaho Board of Education, 1996-99
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Bernice M. Hetzner Award for Excellence in Academic Health Sciences Librarianship, 1996.
- National Library of Medicine, Biomedical Library Review Committee, member, 1992-1996; chair, 1995-96
Publications (5 representative)
- Guard JR, Peay WJ. Tracing technology in the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries. J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Apr;91(2):173-7. [cited June 1, 2003].
- Peay WJ. Strategies and measures for our next century. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1999 Jan; 87(1): 1-8.
- Peay WJ, Hess SH, Sharp EM. The Utah Education Network: a collaborative model. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1994 Oct; 82(4):407-411.
- Peay WJ, Butter KA, Dougherty NA. IAIMS and the library at the University of Utah. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Jul; 74(3): 238-42.
- Miller J, Peay WJ. Serials: control and special problems. In: Darling L, ed. Handbook of Medical Library Practice. 4th ed. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1983.
- Director, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1984-present
- Coordinator, Technology & Distance Education Initiative, Utah System of Higher Education, Salt Lake City, UT, 1995-99
- Head, Computer and Media Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1983-84
- Head, Technical Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1980-83
- Head, Media Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1977-83
- Assistant Director, Data Processing Department, Medical Library Center of New York, New York City, NY, 1975-77
- Serials Librarian and Coordinator, PHILSOM Network, School of Medicine Library, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1973-75
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 100th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 2001 Jan; 89(1):109. [cited June 1, 2003].