1. Register for MLA ’19 by April 3 to save $100 with the early bird discount.
2. Make hotel reservations now to save at the Hyatt Regency Chicago site of MLA ’19. Enjoy quick and easy access to programs, exhibits, and networking. Walk to the Magnificent Mile for shopping and dining. The discounted rate for MLA is $269 per night single/double occupancy plus tax. In-room WiFi is included. Discounted rooms are subject to limited availability. The discount ends April 9.
3. Share hotel room costs with roommates. Locate roommates with a “Roommate Wanted” notice on MEDLIB-L or #mlanet19. Exercise caution when selecting a roommate you do not know.
4. Flights: O’Hare and Midway offer low-cost flights. MLA has arranged discounts on American and United.
5. Ground transportation to/from the airports: Least expensive is public transit: The Blue Line serves O’Hare and the Orange Line serves Midway. You can plan your trip and learn how to purchase your ticket at the Chicago Transit Authority site.
- Rideshare: Download a free app and enjoy discounts off your first Lyft or Uber.
- A taxi from O’Hare is about $50 and Midway about $40.
- Get a discount on AVIS car rental by calling 800.331.1600 and using code Y110065.
- Parking apps such as SpotHero can save you up to 50%.
6. Food: Check out the Restaurant Guide to find well-priced restaurants within walking distance.
- Use a refillable water bottle.
- Fill-up at the Welcome Reception on Saturday and at refreshment breaks.
- Eat breakfast at a Sunrise Seminar. Check the online program for times.
- Attend exhibitor receptions Sunday and Monday. Watch for vendor email invites.
8. Buy groceries and snacks at a local store.
- Bockwinkel’s at Park Millennium, 1/2 block from the Hyatt
- Mariano’s Lakeshore East, 4 blocks from the Hyatt