MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, 2004-07
- Representative to the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, 1997-03
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 1992-93, 2001-02
- 2001 Annual Meeting Orlando, FL, Chair, Local Arrangements 1999-2001
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Special Panel on Recertification, Chair 1994-95
- Professional Recognition Review Panel, Chair 1993-94
- Chapter Council Representative from Mid-Atlantic Chapter, 1991-94
- Honors and Awards Committee, Chair 1979-80
- Rittenhouse Award Subcommittee, Chair 1979-80
- Curriculum Committee, Chair 1973-74
- Medical School Libraries Section
- Past Chair/Nominating committee chair 1998-99
- Chair, 1997-98
- Chair-elect/Program chair 1996-1997
- Leadership and Management Section
- Chair-elect/Program Chair 2003-2004
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Chapter Representative to MLA, 1991-94
- Professional Development Committee, Chair 1990-92;
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2004
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member 1989-present
- Certification in Medical Librarianship, 1967-1999
- Who’s Who in America, 2004- present
- Who's Who in American Women, 2002- present
- Beta Phi Mu, National Library Science Honorary. 1966-present
Publications (5 representative)
- Kuntz JJ, Tennant MR, Case AC. Meakin FA. Staff-driven strategic planning: Learning from the past, embracing the future. 2003 Jan; J Med Libr Assoc 91(1): 79-82.
- Baird LA, Meakin FA, Bailey MS, Shipman, JP. Assessing the information needs of health professionals: an annotated bibliography. Baltimore, MD. National Network of Libraries of Medicine/ Southeastern/Atlantic Region, University of Maryland at Baltimore, 1991.
- Maina WE, Jenkins CG, Meakin FA. The CLR/NLM health sciences library management intern program: first year. 1980 Jan; Bull Med Libr Assoc 63(1):16-24.
- Meakin FA, Lewis, RF. Bibliographic fugitives: papers presented at meetings. In: Proceedings of the Third International Congress on Medical Librarianship,Amsterdam,1969. New York: Excerpta Medica, 1970.
- Bibliography. In: Pizer IH. Automation in the Library. Hosp Prog 1966 Jul; 47:65-72.
- Director, Health Sciences Center Library, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida May 1994 present.
- Executive Director, NN/LM SE Region, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 1989-94.
- Head, Reference and Readers Services, World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland, 1983-88.
- Head, Public Services, Biomedical Library, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1979-83.
- CLR/NLM Health Sciences Library Management Intern, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1978-79.
- Head, Reference Department, Biomedical Library, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1967-78.
- US Public Health Services Intern in Medical Librarianship, Biomedical Library, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1966-67.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Awards ceremony. Proceedings of the 104 th Annual Meeting. J Med Libr Assoc 2005 Jan; 93(1):159-65. [cited April 20, 2006]
- Faith A. Meakin, Candidate Information 2004-2005 Board of Directors Election
- Faith A. Meakin, MLA Fellow nomination. Press release.
Edited April 21, 2006