Cottage Health's mission is to provide superior health care through a commitment to our communities and to our core values of excellence, integrity, and compassion. Our not-for-profit community hospitals are dedicated to providing medical excellence close to home. Cottage Health seeks experienced, tech savvy librarian to support the hospital medical library.
Job duties include:
- Trouble shoots technology questions; performs customer service, literature searching, and cataloging; processes print and online materials; and supports library manager.
- Verifies, requests, and receives interlibrary loans using the DOCLINE (inclusive of FreeShare membership), SERHOLD system of the National Library of Medicine. Conducts document retrieval services inclusive of faxing, mailing, and electronic delivery of requests and all associated activities.
- Supports medical reference service for physicians, hospital staff, members of the community, patients and their families, and other libraries. This involves answering the telephone, email, personal contact, and follow-up.
- Participates in the shifting and weeding of journals and monographs.
- Assists manager, Library Services, in participating in clinical rounds. Assists with hospital and clinical events such as health fairs and other outreach activities. Attends meetings internally and externally.
- Maintains the circulation file and circulates library materials in and out. Contacts individuals regarding overdue materials.
- Prepares cataloging to be loaded in the current electronic catalogue. Prepares new library materials for circulation. Maintains online catalog.
- Answers routine questions for library patrons and helps with acquiring formal searches to be done.
- Assists with collection, review, and evaluation of old textbooks and reference materials.
- Master’s degree in library science (or library & information science) from an American Library Association–accredited graduate program.
- Proficiency in the following: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of online computer searching.
- 1–3 years of library experience required; 5 years of library science preferred.
- Ability to exercise decision-making and problem solving skills. Strong critical thinking skills to exercise good judgment in communications and in assisting with problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect a positive attitude and sense of commitment to patients, colleagues and community. Ability to build effective relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and library patrons.
- Ability to communicate clearly; listen, understand, speak, and write effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and techniques used in library reference and technical services, including telephone reference. Knowledge of library classification, reference tools, and medical databases. Knowledge of library procedures and practices, organization, and terminology, including general science and medical terminology.
Salary Information: $31.00–$46.00 per hour
Link for more information: https://jobs.cottagehealth.org/jobs/librarian-sbch-full-time%3B-days-466
Cottage Health offers an excellent compensation package that includes above market salaries; premium medical benefits, pension plans, and tax savings accounts. EOE