MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Immediate past president, 2017, president, 2016, president-elect, 2015
- Board of Directors, member, 2011, 2012, 2013; secretary, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Medical Informatics Section: past chair, 2012, chair, 2011, chair elect, 2011
- 2012 National Program Committee, cochair, 2010–2012
- 2009 Nominating Committee, member
- 2017 Nominating Committee, chair
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, MLA, 2020
- Hospital Library Section Scroll of Exemplary Service, 2019
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 2020
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Journal of the Medical Library Association, Editorial Board, member, 2019–
- Medical Reference Services Quarterly, Editorial Board, member, 2009–
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association: past president, 2008, president, 2007, president elect, 2006
- Library Leadership Ohio, member, 2002
Publications (5 representative)
- Ratajeski M, Kraft, MA. Use of QR codes to promote e-books in medical libraries. J Electron Resour Med Librariansh. 2015;12(1):11–24.
- Kraft M. Social media for health consumers and patients. In: Spatz M, ed. The Medical Library Association guide to providing consumer and patient health information. Medical Library Association Books Series. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield; 2014. p. 129–150.
- Kraft MA. Disruptive technology: librarians must think heretical thoughts to adapt. Against Grain. 2014 Apr;26(2):38–40.
- Kraft M. Getting wiki with it: using a wiki as a website for regional health system libraries. J Hosp Librariansh. 2010;10(3):265–78.
- Kraft M. The use of blogs in medical librarianship. J Hosp Librariansh. 2006;6(1):1–13.
- Library Director, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, 2016–present
- Assistant Library Director, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, 2016–2016
- Senior Medical Librarian, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, 2007–2016
- Medical Librarian, South Pointe Library, Cleveland, OH, 2005–2007
- Medical Librarian, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH, 1998–2004
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association. 2020 MLA Fellows. MLAConnect [Internet]. 27 Aug 2020 [cited 28 Jun 2020].
- Mitchell N, ed. Proceedings, 116th annual meeting, Medical Library Association, Toronto, ON, Canada, May 13–18, 2016: Business meeting. J Med Libr Assoc. 2017 Jan;105(1):E1–E20. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5195/jmla.2017.123. [cited 3 Jun 2020].
- Mitchell N, ed. Proceedings, 117th annual meeting, Medical Library Association, Seattle, WA, May 26–31, 2017: Business meeting. J Med Libr Assoc. 2018 Jan;106(1):E1–E28. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5195/jmla.2018.421. [cited 3 Jun 2020].
- Kraft M: Inaugural address. In: Mitchell N, ed. Proceedings, 115th annual meeting, Medical Library Association, Austin, TX. J Med Libr Assoc. 2016 Jan;104(1):E1–E33. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.104.1.E1. (Correction: J Med Libr Assoc. 2016 Apr;104(2):99. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.104.2.026.) [cited 26 Jun 2020].
- MA, library science, University of Missouri–Columbia, 1998
- BA, English, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1996