MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- MLA Annual Meeting, New York City, Cochair, 1971
- Board of Directors, Member, 1969–1972
- Membership Committee, Chair, 1959
- New York-New Jersey Chapter, Chair, 1954–1955
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1975
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Academic Libraries of Brooklyn, President, 1969
- State University of New York Task Force on Medical Libraries, Member, 1965–1966
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Koch MS, Kovacs H. Computer information project for monographs at the Medical Research Library of Brooklyn. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1973 Jul;61(3):297–301.
- Kovacs H. Medical libraries from Ankara to London. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1967 Oct;55(4):418–27.
- Kovacs H. Analysis of 1 year circulation at Downstate Medical Center Library. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1966 Jan;54(1):42–7.
- Kovacs H. Merger in Brooklyn: the Academy of Medicine and the Downstate Medical Center Libraries present and future plans. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1963 Apr;51(2):176–80.
- Kovacs H. Foreign dental periodicals. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1953 Jan;41(1):44–50.
- Director of Libraries, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, 1959–1974
- Librarian, College of Dentistry, New York University, 1955–1959
- Periodicals Librarian, School of Dentistry Library, University of Alabama–Birmingham, 1950–1955
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Roy D. Helen Kovacs, 1912–1994: everything was extraordinary. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1994 Jul;82(3):351–2.
- Honors and awards. Proceedings, 74th annual meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio, June 2–5, 1975. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1976 Jan;64(1):81.
- Gregor D. A medical librarian—what’s that? (by Magyary-Kossa Ilona von (i.e. Helen Kovacs)) [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1975 Jan;63(1):70.
(Birth 1912; Death 1994)
Contributed by Diane McKenzie