See also Bertha Hallam's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1956-57
- Committee to Establish Headquarters, chair, 1959-60
- Finance Committee, chair, 1953-56
- Membership Committee, chair
- Certification Subcommittee, chair
- Treasurer, 1941-46
- Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Portland, OR, host, 1940
- Executive Committee, 1932-34
- Pacific Northwest Chapter/Medical Library Association
- Chapter chair
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Member [Fellow], 1966
- Honorary Member, Portland Academy of Medicine
- Honorary Member, Multnomah County Medical Society
- Honorary Member, University of Oregon Medical School Alumni Association
- Honorary Member, University of Oregon School of Nursing Alumni Association
- Honorary Member, Oregon State Medical Society, 1959
- Woman of Achievement, Portland Chapter of Theta Sigma Phi, 1956
- Portland’s Citizen of the Week, 1947
Publications (5 representative)
- Hallam BB. The role of library associations; a symposium: the member’s viewpoint. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1963 Jan; 51(1):50-5.
- Hallam BB. Medical Library Association. In: Doe J, Marshall ML, eds. Handbook of medical library practice, 2 nd ed. Chicago: American Library Association, 1956.
- Hallam BB. Faculty and long overdue books—how controlled. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1950 Jan; 38(1):44-50.
- Hallam BB. Periodical and book selection and ordering. In: Doe J. ed. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago: American Library Association, 1942.
- Hallam BB. The University of Oregon Medical School. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1932 Apr; 20:162-3.
- Librarian, University of Oregon Medical School Library, Portland, OR, 1919-65
- Assistant, Library Association of Portland, Portland, OR, 1914-19
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association. Oral History interview with Bertha Brandon Hallam. Interview conducted May 12, 1978 by Nancy Whitten Zinn. Chicago: The Association, 1984 [cited July 29, 2003].
- Keys TE. Past presidents I have known. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1998 Apr;86(2):202-7.
- Annual Banquet. Citation for presentation of honorary membership to Bertha B. Hallam. Proceeding of the 65th annual meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1967 Jul;55 (3):390-1.
- Troxel W. Bertha Brandon Hallam, President, Medical Library Association, 1956/57. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1956 Jul;44(3):363-5.
(Birth 1895; Death 1982)
Edited January 28, 2004