See also Robert M. Braude's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- 1990 National Program Committee, chair, 1987-1990
- Nominating Committee, member, 1978-1979; 1984-1985
- Library Research Section, chair, pro tem 1982-1983
- Search Committee for MLA Executive Director, chair, 1981-1982
- Program and Convention Committee, chair, 1979-1980
- Ad Hoc Committee to Study Interlibrary Loan Practices and Problems, chair, 1976-1978
- Board of Directors, secretary and member, 1972-1975
- Committee on Medical Library Technicians, chair, 1969-1970, 1970-1971
- Midcontinental Chapter, Annual Meeting, program chair, 1973
Honors and Awards
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 2002
- Ida and George Eliot Prize, 1997
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1996
- Fellow, 1995
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- Fellow, American College of Medical Informatics
- Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine
- Who's Who in America. 46th ed.-, 1990-1991--
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association, 1986
Publications (5 representative)
- Braude RM, Shirinyan, A, Zargaryan, T. Republican Scientific-Medical Library, The Republic of Armenia: progress and programs. Bull Med Libr Assoc 2001 89(1):45-50.
- Braude RM. On the origin of a species: evolution of health sciences librarianship. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1997; 85:1-10.
- Braude RM, Frisse M, Florance V, Fuller S. The organization of the digital library. Acad Med 1995; 70:286-91.
- Braude RM. Impact of information technology on the role of health science librarians. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1993; 81:408-13.
- Braude RM. A descriptive analysis of National Library of Medicine-funded medical informatics training programs and the career choices of their graduates. Med Decis Making 1991;11:33-7.
- Frances and John Loeb Librarian; Assistant Dean for Information Resources. Samuel J. Wood Library/C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, 1986-2001
- Librarian (Professor) Program in Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, 1997-2001
- Director, Leon S. McGoogan Library of Medicine and Director, Midcontinental Regional Medical Library Program, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NB, 1978-86
- Director, Denison Memorial Library, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, 1975-77
- Associate Director, Denison Memorial Library, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, 1968-75
- Head, MEDLARS Search Station, Biomedical Library, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 1965-68
- Reference Librarian, Biomedical Library, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 1964-65
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 102nd Annual Meeting. J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Jan; 91(1):123.[cited January 30, 2004], <http://pubmedcentral.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=141200>.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 95th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1996 Jan; 84(1):146-7 [cited January 30, 2004], http://pubmedcentral.gov/pagerender.fcgi?artid=226145&pageindex=1>.