Secret: I am a closet beauty junkie, and the Magnificent Mile in Chicago is my playground. Let us talk makeup first. Within a 10 minute walk, your closest makeup counters are in the Shops at North Bridge, Saks Fifth Avenue at 700 N. Michigan, Ulta Beauty, and by appointment Taj Cosmetics. Hair artists are a short ride-share away but include the junior stylists at Mario Tricoci at 900 North Michigan, Groom for Gentlemen, Hair Care by William Chicago Loop, and Logan Parlor. Nearby nail salons include Ezza Nails and Gina’s Magic Nails. Chicago is also home to some of the best ink artists.
- Always ask to see a price list before service.
- When scheduling, tell the salon you are a tourist and first-time client for possible discounts.
- It may be easier to get an appointment on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
- An acceptable tip is 20% and for the shampoo assistant $5.
- Book with a junior stylist as they are more affordable and highly skilled.