Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1984
Publications (5 representative)
- Barry JW. Periodical prices [letter]. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1980 Jul; 68(3) 303.
- Barry JW. Periodical Prices U.S. Medical Titles. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1977 Jan; 65(1): 71.
- Barry JW. Periodical Prices. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1973 Jul; 61(3): 348.
- Barry JW. New medical library buildings, 3. The Library of Science and Medicine, Rutgers -- the State University of New Jersey. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1971 Oct;59(4) 574–8.
- Deputy Associate Director for Library Operations. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1977–80.
- Director. Learning Resources Center/Library, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Bethesda, MD, 1976–77.
- Head Librarian. Medical Center, University of Arizona, Tucson AZ. 1971–76.
- Head Librarian. Library of Science and Medicine, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ. 1963–71.
- Visiting Librarian and Consultant. Mahidol University, Bangkok,Thailand. 1968–69.
- Head, Acquisitions Section, Technical Services Division. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1955–63.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Colaianni LA, Stevens ND. James W. Barry, 1919-1991. Obituary: Bull Med Libr Assoc 1992 Jul; 80(3):321. [cited April 3, 2007]
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings of the 84th Annual Meeting. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1985 Jan; 73 (1): 107 [cited April 3, 2007] <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC227562/?pageindex=1>
(Birth 1919; Death 1991)
Contributed by Rachael K. Anderson Goldwyn, AHIP, FMLA