A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences (ATSU, www.atsu.edu) is the founding institution of osteopathic health care, established in 1892 by Andrew Taylor Still. As a leading health sciences university, ATSU comprises two campuses (Kirksville, MO, and Mesa, AZ) on more than 200 acres with 6 prestigious schools. The university library director is responsible for the organization, ongoing developmen,t and effective operation of the A.T. Still Memorial Library (ATSMLib, www.atsu.edu/atsmlib) and its two branches. She/He leads the library staff in supporting a strong level of service for the university’s students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The director leads the library in maximizing effective access to and use of library resources and services, supporting faculty using educational technologies for instruction, and supporting faculty resource needs when conducting research.
Major Job Duties
- Lead the strategic planning process for ATSMLib’s future development of services and resources.
- With appropriate input from staff, prepare and monitor ATSMLib’s budget.
- Oversee the ongoing development of ATSMLib’s digital resources and the effectiveness of ATSMLib’s website in support of the effective access to and use of these digital resources.
- Oversee and support the managers of the two library branches.
- Continue to support and develop the library’s new research and data support tools and services (guides.atsu.edu/researchhub).
- Represent the university in state, regional, and national professional organizations to identify emerging trends, promote cooperative arrangements that are mutually beneficial, and build strong relationships with the library’s vendors.
Salary Information: $96,480
Link for additional information: https://jobs.atsu.edu/atsu-university-library-director/job/9920775
ATSU is deeply committed to an educational and collaborative environment embracing cultural proficiency. Students striving to become the best health care professionals possible must understand and embrace society’s diversity. This is also true for ATSU’s faculty and staff.