If you answered yes to any of these questions, stop by the Hospitality Booth at the MLA’18. You can pick up information about academic, public, and special libraries, as well as museums, to visit while you are in Atlanta.
Some of the interesting things you can see include:
- Ebola: People + Public Health + Political Will, an exhibit of the historic 2014-16 Ebola Fever Virus epidemic in the CDC Museum/Visitor Center
- Atlanta Fulton Public Library, the first public library in the Southeast to offer specialized reference and archival collections dedicated to the study and research of African American culture and history
- Georgia Tech Library’s “Store” that replaces the reference/access desk
- Georgia State University Library’s Collaborative University Research & Visualization Environment, a technology-rich discovery space supporting the research and digital scholarship
- Robert Woodruff Library, supports the four institutions of higher education that comprise the world’s largest consortium of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Stephen B. Thacker CDC Library (closed Sat and Sun), you must call Gail Bang at 404-639-7793 ahead of time to arrange an escort