MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
David H. Morse
Fellowship Conferred: 2006
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- JAMA Journal Reviews editor, 2000-2005
- Nominating Committee, 1997-98
- Technical Services Section, chair 1996-97
- Award Jury for Louise Darling Medal, chair 1993-94
- Collection Development Section, chair 1990-91
- CE Committee on Instructor Support, chair 1990-91
- Chapter Council Alternate, 1988-91
- Chapter Council Representative, 1985-86
- Section Council Representative, 1981-83
- Pharmacy and Drug Information Section, chair 1980-82
Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona
- Legislation Committee, co-chair 1980-81
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2006
- Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development, 1995
- Emeritus Librarian, University of Southern California, 2005
Publications (5 representative)
- Morse DH, Clintworth WA. Comparing patterns of print and electronic journal use in an academic health science library. Issues in Sci and Tech Libr 2000 Fall; no. 28.
- Morse DH, ed. Acquisitions in Biomedical Libraries. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 1996. (Current Practice in Health Sciences Librarianship, v.5)
- Morse DH, Richards DT. Collection Development Policies in Biomedical Libraries. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1992. (MLA DocKit #4).
- Morse DH. CATS : Computerized Acquisition Tracking System. Version 2.0. (Microcomputer Software and User's Manual). University of Southern California Norris Medical Library, 1987. Version 2.1, 1989.
- Wineburgh-Freed M., Karasick AW, Morse DH. Library-wide use of a dBASE acquisitions system. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1988 Jan;76(1):73-74. [Cited Dec. 28, 2006] <http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/pagerender.fcgi?artid=227237&pageindex=1>
- Associate Director for Collection Resources, Norris Medical Library, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1986-2005
- Technical Services Librarian, Norris Medical Library, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1979-86
- Head of Technical Services, Joseph W. England Library, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, Philadelphia, PA, 1977-79
- Reference Librarian and Cataloger, Joseph W. England Library, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, Philadelphia, PA,1976-77
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Awards ceremony. Proceedings of the 106th Annual Meeting. J Med Libr Assoc 2007 in press.
Edited June 19, 2006