MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Sanford V. Larkey, M.D., (1898-1969)
Fellowship Conferred: 1964
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
Honors and Awards
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical
Library Association are available via PubMed Central http://pubmedcentral.gov/
- Larkey SV, Whittock JM Jr. Trends in medical abstracting and indexing tools; a symposium abstracting services for medicine and related fields. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1956 Oct; 44(4): 416-423.
- Larkey SV. The Welch Medical Library indexing project. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1953 Jan; 41(1): 32-40.
- Larkey SV. Introduction to the problem of medical subject headings. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1948 Apr; 36(2): 69-81.
- Larkey SV. The Medical Library Association and medical research. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1950 Oct; 38(4): 291-295.
- Larkey SV. The Army Medical Library research project at the Welch Medical Library. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1949 Apr; 37(2): 121-124.
- Director, William H. Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1935-63
- Librarian and Assistant Professor of the History of Medicine, University of California Medical School, San Francisco, CA, 1930-35
MLA published statements about the fellow
Submitted by Alison Bunting
Edited April 7, 2008