MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Mary E. Irish, 1864-1959
Fellowship Conferred: 1953
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Committee on Medical Library Services for the Armed Services, South Pacific States, Regional Director, 1942
- Membership Committee, chair, 1931-33
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Editorial Committee, 1930
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Commission of Major by the Secretary of War, 1919
- Irish ME. Reference service.
Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1933 August; 22(1): 35–37. [cited May 9, 2005]. Web document. <http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/pagerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&pageindex=1&artid=235505>.
- Chief librarian, Los Angeles County Medical Association, Los Angeles, CA, 1934-42
- Librarian-in-charge, Barlow Medical Library, Los Angeles, CA, 1921-1934
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Connor JM. Mrs. Mary E. Irish, 1964-1959 [obituary]. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1960 Apr; 48(2): 236-7. [Cited May 9, 2005]. Web document. <http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/pagerender.fcgi?artid=200487&pageindex=1>.
Edited July 26, 2004; May 9, 2005