MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
James W. Barry, 1919-1991
Fellowship Conferred: 1984
Honors and Awards
Publications (5 representative)
- Barry JW. Periodical prices [letter]. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1980 Jul; 68(3) 303.
- Barry JW. Periodical Prices U.S. Medical Titles. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1977 Jan; 65(1): 71.
- Barry JW. Periodical Prices. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1973 Jul; 61(3): 348.
- Barry JW. New medical library buildings, 3. The Library of Science and Medicine, Rutgers -- the State University of New Jersey. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1971 Oct;59(4) 574–8.
- Deputy Associate Director for Library Operations. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1977–80.
- Director. Learning Resources Center/Library, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Bethesda, MD, 1976–77.
- Head Librarian. Medical Center, University of Arizona, Tucson AZ. 1971–76.
- Head Librarian. Library of Science and Medicine, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ. 1963–71.
- Visiting Librarian and Consultant. Mahidol University, Bangkok,Thailand. 1968–69.
- Head, Acquisitions Section, Technical Services Division. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1955–63.
MLA published statements about the fellow
Contributed by Rachael K. Anderson Goldwyn, AHIP, FMLA
Edited March 26, 2007