You are here
Become or Find a Chapter Credentialing Liaison
Chapter credentialing liaisons (CCLs) promote the Academy of Health Information Professionals in their respective chapters by sharing information about the academy and encouraging membership.
- Be an enthusiastic academy member.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, such as paying attention to detail and consistently following up with questions and requests for information.
- Preferred: willingness to attend MLA annual meetings to learn about updates to the academy.
- Encourage chapter members to pursue academy membership.
- Answer questions about the academy.
- Read MLA and Credentialing Committee (CC) communications about the academy.
- Subscribe to the Credentialing Committee mailing list (mla-credexec) and participate in discussions.
- Foward issues raised by chapter members to Credentialing Committee.
The academy recognizes the work done by CCL by awarding them 10 points per year of service, which count toward the five-point MLA activities requirement at the distinguished level.
CCL Activity Suggestions
- Contact new chapter members to discuss the academy.
- Refer difficult academy questions to MLA HQ for triage.
- Assist members to locate forms and instructions for applying to academy.
- Agree to be listed as local contact on chapter's website.
- Agree to be listed as local contact in chapter newsletter.
- Assist CC in testing and refining new web pages.
- Exhibit at chapter meetings.
- Hold an academy clinic at chapter meetings.
- Call current academy members who are about to renew and offer assistance.
- Write articles for chapter newsletter.
- Present academy information at local library schools.
- Speak about the academy in chapter forums.
MLA Chapter Credentialing Liaisons
|Hawaii-Pacific Chapter/Term (6/13-5/16)||Luree H. Ohigashi Oasay, AHIP|
|Medical Library Group of So. California and Arizona/ Term (10/12-9/15)||Kathy Zeblisky, AHIP|
|Mid-Atlantic Chapter/Term (9/13-9/14)||Cynthia Henderson, AHIP|
|Midcontinental Chapter/Term (10/12-9/15)||Jan Rice, AHIP|
|Midwest Chapter/Term (09/13-9/14)||Jolene Miller, AHIP|
|New York-New Jersey Chapter/Term (7/12-9/15)||Barbara S. Reich, AHIP|
|North Atlantic Health Sciences Library Chapter/Term (6/14-9/15)||Meredith I. Solomon, AHIP|
|Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group/Term (9/13-8/14)||Ana Macias, AHIP|
|Pacific Northwest Chapter/Term (10/14-10/15)||Joan Wilson, AHIP|
|Philadelphia Regional Chapter/Term (6/13-7/15)||Robert Mackes, AHIP|
|South Central Chapter/Term (10/12-10/13)||Lauren Wojcik|
|Southern Chapter/Term (10/12-10/15)||Cynthia Vaughn, AHIP|
|Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter/Term (6/14-5/17)||Elizabeth Irish, AHIP|