Consumer Health Course List
- Courses approved for CHIS are listed below, with the CHIS competencies each addresses.
- Click on a course title to see its listing in MEDLIB-ED, which includes instructor contact information. If the link is bad, CHIS approval has expired. Please contact the MLA CHIS Coordinator for more information.
- Search the MEDLIB-ED Catalog of Consumer Health Information Specialization courses to see if a course is currently scheduled to be offered.
- If you attend an educational activity that is not listed below OR that does not indicate CHIS competencies its description in MEDLIB-ED and would like to have it considered for your application, please fill out an Individual Participant Request (IPR) form.
- Some educational activities that are offered only once are not listed below, but its CHIS competency/ies are stated in the MEDLIB-ED Catalog of Consumer Health Information Specialization courses description.
CHIS Competencies Legend
Required for Level 1
C1 - Know the Community
C2 - Know the Health Consumer
C3 - Knowledge of Subject Matter and Resources Competency
C4 - Evaluation of Health Information Competency
C5 - Communication, Health Reference, and Instruction
Required for Level 2, in addition to Level 1 requirements
C6 - Literacy and Health Literacy
C7 - Technology and Health
C8 - Ethical and Legal Issues