Join the speakers for this program on marketing and advocacy as they cover:
- communicating the value of libraries
- developing a marketing plan and engaging users and stakeholders
- Understanding the value of branding and campaigns
- using tools, tips and tricks to make the most of your time
- determining if social media fits in
- determining if a plan is working and preventing lost opportunities
- Length: 1.5 hour recorded webinar
- Technical information: You will receive a link to the recorded program and the participant's manual after registration.
- Individuals: $49 (nonmembers, $75)
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Patricia C. Higginbottom, AHIP, is the Associate Director for Public Services at Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She has been with LHL for over 20 years in a variety of roles. Pat co-manages marketing and PR activities for UAB’s Lister Hill Library with Valerie S. Gordon and has been involved in marketing for many years. The chapter “Marketing, Public Relations and Communication” in the book Introduction to Health Sciences Librarianship was co-authored by Pat in in 2008. LHL also won the MLA Creative Marketing Award in 2006. Pat and Valerie taught an MLA certified class called Maintain Momentum in Marketing in 2013 and are revising it for teaching in an online environment. In addition to posters and papers on marketing and promotion at the local and regional levels they have contracted to write a book on library marketing to be published in 2015.
Valerie S. Gordon, AHIP, has worked at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Lister Hill Library since 1990 and is currently Head of Cataloging and Marketing & Staff Development Coordinator. She began her career as a cataloger and later branched out into staff development and marketing. Valerie and Pat share responsibility for marketing & PR activities at Lister Hill Library and have presented on this topic locally and regionally. They have taught an MLA CE on marketing and are currently working on a marketing book to be published in 2015. Valerie received her Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from the University of Maryland in College Park and a BA in English from Emory University. She is a distinguished member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals.