Health Information Professional
Find out about the health information profession
Go to MLA's Advocacy Center to learn more about the health information profession:
- Health sciences library statistics
- Types of health sciences libraries
- National Library of Medicine
- Roles of health sciences librarians
- MLA as the Association for health sciences librarians
- Professional competencies for health sciences librarians
- 21st century challenges
Explore a career in health sciences information
Go to MLA's Career Center to find out more about the role of health sciences or medical librarians:
- What is a health sciences or medical librarian? What do they do?
- How much to health sciences librarians earn?
- What education do I need to become a health sciences librarian?
- Where do health sciences librarians work?
- Job listings
The Career Preparation Tips pages provide valuable information for career changers.
Discover MLA's professional development programs:
- Competencies for professional success
- eLearning opportunities
- Discussion Group program
- Independent Reading Program
- AHIP credential: The Academy of Health Information Professionals
- Specializations: in Consumer Health Information, and Disaster Information
- Grants, scholarships and fellowships
Become an MLA Member
Join MLA to connect, learn, and lead (Regular membership rates are $195 per year. First time members can take a one-year test drive with an introductory member of $130 per year.), and take advantage of MLA's extensive programs and benefits.