Medical Informatics Section
Members: 243 Discussions: 128 Files: 10
- Go to your membership information.
- Click "View" next to your current membership.
- Click the "Add package," button to add additional packages, and select MIS.
Since 1991, the Medical Informatics Section (MIS) has provided a forum for, and communication between medical librarians, health professionals and other professionals from the information sciences. Although definitions vary, medical informatics focuses on broad-based computer applications involved in the transfer of medical information.
What We Do
Sponsor and co-sponsor invited and contributed papers, pre - or post- conference meetings and sessions, as well as CE courses. We also have close ties with American Society of Information Specialists and Technology (ASIS&T) and The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA). Offer two Career Development Grants annually to assist individuals to advance their knowledge in the field of medical informatics. Self-assessment and self-directed learning resources.
Who Should Join
Anyone who recognizes how essential information technology is to information science. Anyone interested in health and broad-based computer applications in medical information transfer.
- Sharing ideas and networking with peers for professional and educational growth.
- Facilitating communication with other MIS members through the member forum/email list
- Being active within MLA by serving on section committees and conference activities.
- Mentoring and being mentored.
- Access to MIS member directory
- Keeping up with informatics issues and ideas.
- Being at the cutting edge through continuing education and conference programs.
Join MIS for just $10 per year!
MIS sponsors the Medical Informatics Section/MLA Career Development Grant. Membership in MIS is preferred but not required for recipients of the grant.