Members: 234 Discussions: 6 Files: 14
- Go to your membership information.
- Click "View" next to your current membership.
- Click the "Add package" button to add additional packages, and select the Research Section.
Since 1982, the MLA Research Section has served to advance library research within MLA and throughout the health communities within which libraries operate. Join a network of friendly and like-minded colleagues interested in building research skills and applying library research and assessment to day-to-day library decisions and problems.
The Research Section is gathering feedback about its open-access journal Hypothesis in order to tailor its research-related communications and strategies to readers’ interest. This online survey will be available through November 1. Thank you for participating!
- Research Section website: Discover a wealth of research information and tools availabe to help you become an effective researcher.
- Member directory: Connect with your peers!
- Forum and discussion list: Connect with your peers and other research mentors and experts for news, trends, ideas, and advice.
- Hypothesis: Read our online newsletter for interesting articles and the latest news and information about library research — publish results of your investigations in Hypothesis.
- SurveyMonkey subscription: Create and publish online surveys and view results using the Research Section’s account. Guidelines and login information can be found in the section's file library.
- Continuing education opportunities: Participate in MLA CE classes and symposia and a wide array of professional activities tailored for the librarian researcher.
- Leadership opportunities: Take an active role in one of many committees or programs—add section activities to your resume—earn points of professional activities to renew and advance your membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
- Collaborate with research groups in chapters and other associations.
- Share your ideas and speak your voice through surveys, feedback, and advocacy programs.
See the Research Section poster to learn more about the section. For additional information, contact the current Membership Committee Chair.
Join the Research Section for just $20 per year!
Public Resources and Programs
The Research Section gives out awards for posters and papers at the MLA annual meeting as well as papers published in JMLA. Both awards are open to all MLA members.
The Research Section structured abstract format is used by JMLA and others.
Past issues of Hypothesis, the Research Section journal, are accessible to all. Hypothesis (ISSN 1093-5665) is published three times a year by the Section: Spring (March), Summer (July/August) and Fall (November). Items to be included should be sent to the editor by the 15th of the preceding month (i.e., February 15 for Spring, June 15 for Summer, October 15 for Fall). Copy is preferred by e-mail, but will be accepted in other formats.Hypothesis, V1-10, 1987-1996
Research Section Leaders