Become or Find a Chapter Credentialing Liaison
MLA chapter credentialing liaisons (CCLs) promote the Academy of Health Information Professionals in their respective chapters by sharing information about the academy and encouraging membership.
- Be an enthusiastic academy member.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, such as paying attention to detail and consistently following up with questions and requests for information.
- Preferred: willingness to attend MLA annual meetings to learn about updates to the academy.
- Encourage chapter members to pursue academy membership.
- Download and customize the academy PowerPoint for presentations at your chapter, state, and other meetings--coming soon!
- Answer questions about the academy.
- Read MLA and Credentialing Committee (CC) communications about the academy.
- Subscribe to the Credentialing Committee mailing list (email@example.com) and participate in discussions.
- Forward issues raised by chapter members to Credentialing Committee.
The academy recognizes the work done by CCL by awarding them 10 points per year of service, which count toward the 5-point MLA activities requirement at the distinguished level.
CCL Activity Suggestions
- Contact new chapter members to discuss the academy.
- Refer difficult academy questions to MLA headquarters for triage.
- Assist members to locate forms and instructions for applying to academy.
- Agree to be listed as local contact on chapter's website.
- Agree to be listed as local contact in chapter newsletter.
- Assist CC in testing and refining new web pages.
- Exhibit at chapter meetings.
- Hold an academy clinic at chapter meetings.
- Call current academy members who are about to renew and offer assistance.
- Write articles for chapter newsletter.
- Present academy information at local library schools.
- Speak about the academy in chapter forums.
MLA Chapter Credentialing Liaisons
|Hawaii-Pacific Chapter/Term (5/16–5/19)||Carolyn Ching Dennison, AHIP|
|Medical Library Group of So. California and Arizona/ Term (9/15-6/17)||Kathleen Carlson, AHIP|
|Mid-Atlantic Chapter/Term (9/13–9/16)||Emma Cryer Heet, AHIP|
|Midcontinental Chapter/Term (1/17–12/19)||Shawn Steidinger, AHIP|
|Midwest Chapter/Term (6/16–12/17)||Jane Blumenthal, AHIP|
|New York-New Jersey Chapter/Term (10/16–10/17)||Rimma Perelman, AHIP|
|North Atlantic Health Sciences Library Chapter/Term (6/14–9/17)||Meredith I. Solomon, AHIP|
|Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group/Term (1/16–12/17)||Ana Macias|
|Pacific Northwest Chapter/Term (1/16–1/18)||Beth Hill, AHIP|
|Philadelphia Regional Chapter/Term (6/15–6/19)||Jeanette de Richemond, AHIP|
|South Central Chapter/Term (10/16-10/17)||Steven Self, AHIP|
|Southern Chapter/Term (10/12–10/16)||Cynthia Beeler, AHIP|
|Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter/Term (10/16–10/17)||Angela Dixon, AHIP|