Placing a Job Ad
Reach the most qualified candidates by advertising your job opening on the MLA website. MLA's job ads are one of the top 3 pages on our site, drawing the attention of leaders in the health information profession.
Orders must include:
- contact name and billing information, including email address for billing
- when you would like your ad to appear (see Deadlines)
Placing Your Order
- All “Positions Available” listings must list a minimum salary; a salary range is preferred.
- Ad costs are based on word counts as submitted, including salary information.
- All ads received will be acknowledged via email. If an acknowledgment is not received, please resubmit the information.
- MLA reserves the right to edit for clarity and MLA style.
- If the job qualifications include membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals or the MLA Consumer Health Information Specialization, please use the following phrasing: “Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals required/preferred,” or “Completion of MLA's Consumer Health Information Specialization program required/preferred.”
Rates and Billing
- MLA institutional members may place the first 50 words of a “Positions Available” listing free of charge if the ad has a word count of at least 100 words. Each word after the first 50 or each word if the ad is less than 100 words will be charged at a discounted rate of $2.65 per word.
- “Positions Available” discounts are not available to individual MLA Members
- Ads placed by individual members, nonmembers, employment or advertising agencies, or other third parties are charged at $3.00 per word.
- Any existing ad may be run again for an additional 4 weeks immediately following the original 4-week posting on MLANET (totaling 8 consecutive weeks) for $100.00 more.
- Individual MLA members seeking employment may place a “Position Wanted” listing of up to 100 words free of charge, $1.25 per each word over 100 (nonmember rate: $1.50 per word).
- You will be invoiced after the first appearance of your ad. Rerun costs will be included, if applicable.
- MLA accepts credit card payment. If you wish to pay by credit card, our Financial and Administration Department will contact you after the ad runs to take your payment information.
The weekly deadline for posting job ads is Tuesday, noon, central time. Ads will be posted the next day, Wednesday, by noon, central time.
MLA News (Display Ads) and Other Job Placement Opportunities
For information about placing an ad in MLA News, please contact Barbara Redmond at 312.419.9094 x26.
MLA’s annual meeting in May also provides an opportunity to recruit through the Job Placement Center. Individual job seekers and employers can register with the Job Placement Center. You do not have to attend the meeting to take advantage of this opportunity. Contact Tomi Gunn for more information.