Submit to MLA News
The MLA News welcomes submissions from all MLA members, committees, sections, and chapters. If it’s important to MLA members, we want to know about it!
- All MLA News material, including events and personals, should be sent to the editor, Cheryl Rowan, unless it concerns the subject areas of the column editors listed below.
- Use the MLA Style Manual as you draft your article to answer questions about spelling, style, and references.
- Submit your article via email. Please include “MLA News copy” in the subject line. Articles should not exceed 700 words (one printed page); no more than 5 references are allowed.
- All articles submitted should contain timely information. Unit meeting recaps, survey results, awards, and so on, should be submitted as soon as possible after they have occurred.
- All articles are subject to editing and abridgment.
- Photographs and illustrations are encouraged. High-resolution electronic files are preferred and should be at least 300 dots per inch. Images copied from the web are not usually suitable for a print publication.
- Letters to the editor are encouraged and will be published as space permits. Though letters may take issue with anything published in the MLA News, all letters must be respectful in tone and avoid confrontational or inflammatory language.
- Products, services, and events published in the MLA News do not constitute MLA's endorsement or approval, and authors must not communicate an endorsement or approval.
- Submission deadlines are 6 weeks prior to publication.
- Submission does not guarantee publication.