- December 8, 2017 - Application deadline
- March 2018 - Participants contacted and announced
- May to June, 2018 - Pre-Institute learning activities begin
- July 9 to 13, 2018 - Face to face program component at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- July 2018 to June 2019 - Post-Institute support for participants to implement projects
- MLA member - $1,000
- Non MLA member - $1,000
- Welcome Reception for participants and staff
- Twice-daily refreshment breaks
- Online and print learning materials
- Participation in online community of practice
MLA Continuing Education (CE) Credit and AHIP Points
The Research Institute is approved for 48 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours. Interested participants may apply for 30 Academy of Health Information Professional (AHIP) points.
Application Procedures and Registration
- Learn more about application requirements and deadlines.
- Review the application instructions thoroughly before completing the online application form.
- The Institute offers several scholarships to enable practicing health sciences professionals to attend the Institute.
- Scholarships are provided to Institute participants through IMLS and AAHSL funding support.
Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago
1750 W. Polk Street
Chicago, IL 60612
The 2018 Institute will be held at the Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago (LHS-Chicago) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), which is a large public research university located in the central United States. The newly renovated state-of-the-art library is located in the heart of the medical campus. Outfitted with the latest technology, the library offers a modern open learning and information commons atmosphere that gives students and faculty the tools to achieve their educational and research objectives.
For questions regarding the Institute, please contact Susan Lessick, MA, MLS, AHIP, FMLA, Research Training Institute Project Director.