MLA '18 Call for Submissions
Abstract submission site is now open.
The 2018 MLA National Program Committee invites submissions for papers, posters, lightning talks, and special content sessions that support the theme, Adapting | Transforming | Leading.” Submit using MLA’s online abstract submission site by October 10, 2017, at 6:00 p.m., central time.
Plan to submit your structured abstract for your research project or program description using the structured abstract guidelines.
Authors will rank how they would prefer to present their content: paper, poster, or lightning talk. Abstracts not accepted to a first choice will receive consideration for second and third choices.
Groups—such as sections, chapters, special interest groups (SIGs), or other groups—are invited to design engaging 1.5-hour-long special content sessions (for example, invited speakers or panel presentations). Proposals for special content sessions are due by October 10, 2017, at 6:00 p.m., central time, and these submissions should not duplicate content submitted as paper sessions, poster sessions, or lightning talks.
When submitting structured abstracts, authors will decide whether their abstract is a research abstract or program description abstract:
· Research abstracts report on designing, conducting, and analyzing a research project.
· Program Description abstracts describe the creation and improvement of products, programs, technologies, administrative practices, or services conducted by librarians and information professionals.
Authors should select carefully, as different criteria are used to assess research and program description abstracts. All criteria for both kinds of abstracts are available in the Papers and Posters FAQ.
Special Content Sessions
MLA has arranged an “Open Forum” to organize ideas for Special Content Sessions. Members may join the discussion, by following the login instructions below:
2) Visit main navigation item MEMBER >> VIEW – ALL MLA COMMUNITIES
3) Select “Meeting Communities” box then “MLA ’18 Program Planners”
4) Select “Join Community” button on right to be added right away.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
Papers and Special Content Sessions: Molly Knapp, AHIP and Joey Nicholson
Posters: Brandi Tuttle, AHIP and Susan Steelman
Lightning Talks: Meredith I. Solomon, AHIP and Montie L. Dobbins